To realize our future objectives we are looking for a
Fundraiser & Acquisition coordinator, for 22 – 30 hours a week.
MCNV is a Dutch based INGO that is currently shifting towards becoming a network organization. MCNV supports sustainable development in South East Asia. From offices in Vietnam, Lao PDR and the Netherlands, we work on topics within the fields of: health, social inclusion, entrepreneurship & value chains, and livelihood & climate change. MCNV’s activities focus on sustainable improvements of the position of disadvantaged groups in society. MCNV’s annual budget is about 2.5 million euro. This budget is acquired by the donations of around 5,000 loyal donors, family and capital-funds, and from institutional sources such as the EU.
The fundraiser is responsible for maintaining and expanding our pool of donors and partners in the Netherlands and beyond, particularly the individual donors, foundations and corporates. The position will be working closely with the General Director and other communication and fund-raising staff. We are looking for a:
Fundraiser & Acquisition coordinator, for 22 – 30 hours a week
Joining other staff in the execution of our fundraising strategy, you will:
- Maintain contacts with existing individual donors, design and implement new initiatives to expand the number of new individual donors for MCNV.
- Continue MCNV’s initiatives with “club of 50” donors and other annual fund-raising campaigns.
- Co-develop MCNV’s business club (strategy).
- Maintain contacts with existing foundations that give support to MCNV and provide follow-up support on program update or new development/ additions to the existing support.
- Proactively search for and develop new relationships with foundations and corporates.
- Coordinate with other staff for development of different forms of program ideas (such as presentation, concept notes or proposals) for supporting potential partnerships with foundations and corporates.
- Work together with the General Director in his activities concerning partnerships building among the foundations, corporates and other organizations in The Netherlands.
- Closely collaborate within the MCNV team (communication, finance, and the international acquisition team) and report to the General Director.
- An applied sciences/university bachelor or master degree in the field of communication & marketing;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the field of fundraising & acquisition, experience in recruiting middle/major donors is considered an asset;
- You have an open personality and connect easily with people from different backgrounds, and you have demonstrated, advanced network capabilities;
- You have affinity with the field of development aid;
- You have excellent spoken and written proficiency in Dutch & English language.
- You are creative, enterprising, analytical and decisive.
- A challenging position, functioning within a small team in the heart of Amsterdam;
- A competitive salary depending on knowledge and experience, a 8% holiday bonus and an attractive pension plan.
- A contract for one year, with an option to extension.
- Working in an open environment, with personal responsibilities, and freedom to unfold new ideas, approaches etc.
Information & job application
Please send your resume and motivation letter to Daan van Gils at email@example.com .
Closing date for the job application is set at Wednesday May 2nd, 2018.
For additional information and questions, please contact Daan van Gils.
The first round of interviews will be held on Tuesday May 8th, 2018.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy text is not desired.