To realize our future objectives we are looking for a Senior Fundraiser & Acquisition Manager, for 30-37,5 hours a week.
MCNV is a Dutch based INGO that is currently shifting towards becoming a network organization. MCNV supports sustainable development in South East Asia. From offices in Vietnam, Lao PDR and the Netherlands, we work on topics within the fields of: health, social inclusion, entrepreneurship & value chains, and livelihood & climate change. MCNV’s activities focus on sustainable improvements of the position of disadvantaged groups in society. MCNV’s annual budget is about 2.5 million euro. This budget is acquired by the donations of around 5,000 loyal donors, family and capital-funds, and from institutional sources such as the EU.
The fundraiser is responsible for the recruitment and maintenance of contact with donors, funds and other partners, and tie them to the objectives of our organization. In 2017, a new 5-year strategy plan was founded, which established a new course for the acquisition team. Herein we focus on obtaining substantial funds from major, private donors (‘Club of 50’), supporting MCNV as an organization, alongside project funds.
In order to realize our future objectives we are looking for a:
Senior Fundraiser & Acquisition Manager, for 30-37,5 hours a week.
In this position you are responsible for the execution of our fundraising strategy, in which enhancing contact with existing/new partners and accessing new sources of revenue are vital.
- Maintain contacts with MCNV-donors, both; private and corporate;
- Develop programs for all size donors, for donations and inheritances, ‘Club of 50’ and take care of associated activities;
- Develop new programs and activities linked to fundraising/acquisition;
- Develop personal relationships with our private donors;
- Monitor, evaluate and report your conducted activities, including the financial progress.
- Closely collaborate within the MCNV’s team (communication, finance, and the international acquisition team) and report to the general director.
- An applied sciences/university bachelor or master degree in the field of communication & marketing;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the field of fundraising & acquisition, experience in recruiting middle/major donors is considered an asset;
- You have an open personality and connect easily with people from different backgrounds, and you have demonstrated, advanced network capabilities;
- You have affinity with the field of development aid;
- You have excellent spoken and written proficiency in Dutch & English language.
- You are creative, enterprising, analytical and decisive.
- A challenging position, functioning within a small team in the heart of Amsterdam;
- A Competitive salary depending on knowledge and experience, a 8% holiday bonus and an attractive pension plan.
- A contract for one year, with an option to extension.
- Working in an open environment, with personal responsibilities, and freedom to unfold new ideas, approaches etc..
Information & job application
Please send your resume and motivation letter to Daan van Gils at firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date for the job application is set at 11th February 2018.
For additional information and questions, please contact Karin Vlug (Sr Advisor Fundraising & Acquisition) at +316-46296234.
The first round of interviews will be held at Thursday February 15th 2018.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy text is not desired.