MCNV is recruiting for the position of PROGRAM MANAGER who holds overall responsibilities for managing the LEARN Program, with primary focus on coordinating and supporting partners in implementation. The position reports to Country Director of MCNV Laos and is based in Vientiane.
MCNV is a Dutch INGO with the mission to support development activities in S.E. Asia. In Lao PDR it undertakes integrated rural development activities with a particular focus on nutrition and maternal and child health. At a national level MCNV is supporting health research activities in conjunction with Lao Public Health institutes via the EU-funded LEARN Program.
The LEARN (Lao Equity through Policy Analysis and Research Networks) is a 5-year program funded by the EU to enhance the capabilities of Public Health Institutes in Laos. This is done in collaboration with the Lao Tropical and Public Health Institute, the University of Health Sciences in Laos, VU University of Amsterdam, the Hanoi University of Public Health and MCNV.
Program Management and Leadership
- Ensure that the LEARN Program is implemented in an effective and efficient manner.
- Produce the annual plans and budget for the LEARN Program.
- Support the communications and program management of activities amongst the national and international partner academic institutions.
- Ensure accurate and high quality reporting as required, plan and facilitate required management and oversight meetings.
- Ensure that the program operates in accordance with the policies and procedures of MCNV and Europe Aid, including procurement processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of the monitoring and evaluation framework, appraise project progress and promote ownership of partner organisations.
- Support partners in implementation, for example facilitating research studies, editing project reports, etc.
- Support the production of policy briefs and media for the LEARN Program.
- Manage partner and consultant contracts/agreements and ensure compliance to commitments and donor requirements.
- Develop work plans with partners through collaborative negotiation, perform regular reviews.
- Oversee organisation capacity assessments and support the development and implementation of subsequent training plans.
- Manage accessing co-funding to the LEARN Program.
- Establish collaborative relationships with the LEARN partners, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs in Lao PDR to ensure coordination and successful execution of the TB program
- Participate in ongoing coordination amongst Development Partners and the Government of Laos in relation to the concerned topics of LEARN, and represent the interests and goals of the program and its partners
- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development needed for future program development
- Post-graduate degree, preferably Master in Public Health.
- Relevant experience in public health, community development, project M&E.
- Experience in leading and managing successful projects in a low-resource country, working with NGOs or INGOs and preferably in SE Asia (at least 5 years is preferred).
- Proven management skills, including good practices in staff supervision.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams, including partnership development and capacity building of Government institutions and community-based or non-governmental organisations.
- Excellent and proven analytical and planning skills, financial management, and contract management.
- Demonstrable experience in donor reporting and communications.
- Fluent spoken and written English and strong writing/speaking skills.
- Desire to work NOT in a fast-paced environment, yet still contribute significant value to the people of Lao PDR.
- Humility, sense of humour, appreciation for people different from yourself.
Further information can be found at our website MCNV.org. Please send applications to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 28th October 2018. MCNV is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive benefits package.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview