Unfortunately, this week we had to decide to cancel the donor tour in April.
It is very unfortunate and sad for all who were so much looking forward to this trip. Donors, as well as the MCNV colleagues in Vietnam and Lao PDR, were so enthusiastic about receiving the group and showing them around.
An analysis (see here) prepared by Pham Dung (MCNV Director Vietnam), and previous discussions about the current situation in Vietnam and in the Netherlands, have led to the decision that MCNV does not want (and cannot) take any risks and can’t bear responsibility for carrying out this trip under these circumstances.
This is the responsibility for (the health of) the participants and tour management as well as for MCNV employees and other people in Vietnam and Lao involved in the organization of the journey.
In the coming period and of course with a caveat to Corona developments, we will look at possible travel dates later in the year. Of course we’ll keep all the fun ideas – as planned for this trip – until another time in 2020!
Tom Fluitsma (tour guide) and Karin Vlug
For additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org