MCNV is a Dutch-based NGO, with an international network working in the fields of health development, social inclusion, livelihood development in responding to climate change, and value chain. Currently, MCNV has run 12 projects in 17 provinces of Vietnam. During the last 20 years, support for people with disabilities (PWD) has become a main program with high priority of MCNV in Vietnam. MCNV is going to implement the USAID-funded Inclusion 1 Project, which focuses on rehabilitation services and medical care for PWD in Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, and Quang Nam provinces.
We are looking for two positions for the Project as follows:
– Program Officer: 1
– Field staff in Quang Nam: 1
For more details of the tasks for this position please refer to the Job Announcement attached.
The application deadline is 17:00, June 29th, 2023.JA-Quang-Nam-Field-staff-2023
During the last 20 years, support for people with disabilities (PWD) has become a main program with high priority of MCNV in Vietnam. MCNV is going to implement for the USAID-funded Inclusion 1 Project, which focuses on rehabilitation services and medical care for PWD in Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, and Quang Nam provinces. MCNV is now seeking a Project Officer for this project.
This position is responsible for the implementation of the Health and Social component within the Disability Program of the Representative Office MCNV in Hanoi. This Program Officer will work in the field of supporting People with Disabilities access to medical rehabilitation services and building capacity of service providers to contribute effectively to better inclusion and improve the quality of life of PWD in Vietnam. The Program Officer will be requested to report directly to the Deputy Program Manager and finally to the Country Director of MCNV in Vietnam.
Location: Ha Noi City. Domestic travel is requested (about 50% of working time) to the provinces in the Central areas of Vietnam.
Duration: 15 months, renewal possible.
Application deadline: 17:00, May 29th, 2023.
MCNV is a Dutch-based NGO, with an international network working in the fields of health development, social inclusion, livelihood development in responding to climate change, and value chain. Currently, MCNV has run 12 projects in 17 provinces of Vietnam. During the last 20 years, support for people with disabilities (PWD) has become a main program with high priority of MCNV in Vietnam. MCNV is going to implement for the USAID-funded Inclusion 1 Project, which focuses on rehabilitation services and medical care for PWD in Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, and Quang Nam provinces. We are looking for several positions for the Project as follows:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer: 01.
- Field staff: 06 (02 in Quang Tri, 02 in Thua Thien Hue and 02 in Quang Nam)
The application deadline is 17:00, April 17, 2023.
For more details of each position’s tasks, please refer to the Job Description (JD) documents attached below:
*Monitoring and Evaluation Officer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ikFihUE_Uw6VkQFe8L_o2xlvxXJJb99A/view?usp=sharing
- Thua Thien – Hue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/129Tsp2ESGO0TNc4r6cJAS247d7-XeYRL/view?usp=sharing
- Quang Tri: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aIFLMJUC3A-_xAiKoV8ZUNxTYyw-Mu6g/view?usp=sharing
- Quang Nam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C51yoyYD8MXhow6_wdwzCPV1YWZeG9jO/view?usp=sharing
MCNV is looking for a short-term consultant for Disability Program
In general, this position is responsible for the implementation of the Project coaching rehabilitation workers in provinces of Tay Ninh, Binh Phuoc and Dong Nai. The Consultant will be requested to report directly to the Project Manager based in Vietnam.
Location: Ha Noi City. Domestic travel is requested (about 30% of working time).
Duration: from 15 October 2022 to 31 December 2022, with a possible extension
For more information, please refer to the Job Description in this following file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mV9iPp7gUOmeM69mr-i8XKwClqlwcDB6/view?usp=sharing
MCNV is currently looking for 02 Program Coordinators for a project on Rehabilitation for People with Disability in Vietnam.
You can find the information in details in the Job Description attached.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, quoting the position title in the subject line of the email
Deadline: 17h00 (GMT+7), 10th December, 2021
*For more details, please see the file attached
Medical Committee Netherlands – Vietnam (MCNV) is a Dutch NGO that has provided support to health systems, community-based health care and community development programs towards improvement of quality of life for people in Vietnam since 1968. The Disability Program is one of the main programs of MCNV in Viet Nam at the time being.
MCNV implemented the project Early Detection (ED) – Early Intervention (EI) – Inclusive Education (IE) for children with disabilities in Cao Bang from 2002 to 2019. Before handing the project over to the local counterparts by the end of 2020, MCNV and the counterparts in Cao Bang have also agreed to carry out an end-of-project evaluation MCNV is seeking for a consultant to carry out this evaluation.
Application for the mission must include:
- 01 CV (English and VNamese);
- A letter of interest.
Application is sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Deadline for application: 20/6/2020.
For more information, please refer to the ToR attached and contact via phone number: 0986607351 or 0243 8359005 (ext 25).
ToR file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYJxb-MdC8O8lmTYJBRXnMNP1t6KJup8/view?usp=sharing
Job Description for Occupational Therapy Volunteering
in Ho Chi Minh city – Vietnam
The demand for Occupational Therapy in Vietnam is huge, however in Vietnam, specialized OT training is not yet available at all levels. There is currently only session of OT introduction integrated module in physiotherapy training course at Bachelor level.
With grants from USAID through Humanity Inclusion/Handicap International (HI), the Medical Committee Netherlands- Vietnam (MCNV) has supported the 5 year-project (2015-2020) on Development of OT education in Vietnam in collaboration with Hai Duong Medical Technology University (HMTU) and University of Medical and Pharmacy of Ho Chi Minh City (UMP) with aims at creating enabling conditions to establish education of OT professionals in Vietnam. The project focuses on provision of OT educators, and development of a standard competency-based curriculum that can be recognized in the region, as well as training materials and strengthened Government policy on OT.
One of the main component of the project is to support a group of 5 young rehabilitation lecturers (all them had Bachelor of Physiotherapy background before enrolling the BOT course) to study BOT, then MOU at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), India. In August 2019 these students will finish their academy study of BOT in India and will have 2 month internship in India before coming back to Vietnam to continue 4 months of internship from October 2019 to January 2020. Two (02) students will do internship in Ho Chi Minh City while three others will be base in Hai Duong province.
Beside development of capacity of OT trainers for future by supporting 5 young Rehab faculties to study BOT and MOT in India, the project also pilot BOT training courses in Hai Duong province and Ho Chi Minh City. To support students of these pilot courses having clinical practice, MCNV and university partners seek for involvement of International OT volunteers as clinical supervisor The 12 students of BOT course in UMP also will take their 6 week-internship during the above mentioned time.
MCNV is seeking for an OT volunteer who willing to work in Ho Chi Minh city in 4 months from October 2019 to January 2020 to support 02 students from MAHE and 12 BOT students from UMP during their internship.
2. Main duties
Key task 1: Supervising a group of 02 MAHE BOT students in 4 months and 12 BOT students from UMP in 6 weeks in parallel during their internships at some of selected hospitals in Ho Chi Minh city including:
- Provide coaching and guidance to BOT students during their daily internship at the hospitals.
- Participate in field visits to support and mentor BOT students when required, for topic of OT practice in community.
- Communicate and share information of students with their institute supervisor at MAHE when needed.
- Give comments to students on their case reports (each of student need to prepare 3 cases report during their internship)
- Provide overall evaluation on student’s internship as evidence supporting their graduation
Key task 2: Increase capacity of health/university staff in OT knowledge, proficiency and practice
- Provide appropriate education and advice to rehab staff incline to OT for Rehabilitation department of HMTU and assigned hospitals in Hochiminh city.
- Participate in group of consultants (PT, OT, medical doctors, nurses…) and pay visits to patients and provide treatments and services at community as required.
- Develop and/or maintain partnerships with local, regional and international organizations, professional and peer networks.
- Duration of assignment: From October 2019 to January 2020
3. Qualification requirements:
- Hold bachelor of Occupational therapy
- Has at least 3 years in clinical experience.
- Has experience of OT clinical educator as preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to communicate in English (and Vietnamese as preferable)
- Commitment to team work, coaching, and mentoring others
- Awareness and sensitivity of cross-cultural settings
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Ability to develop working relationships quickly and effectively
- Ability to cope with cultural isolation and a different standard of living
- A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment
- Committed to gender equality, children protection and disability inclusion
4. What MCNV provides:
- Return airfare to country of assignment
- Visa expenses
- Living and accommodation allowance of US$1,000 per month.
- Basic package of insurance
- In-country Orientation on arrival
For more information, please contact Ms. Tran Quynh Trang, Coordinator of the Occupational Therapy Education Program.
T:+84 24 3835 9005 ext 21
M:+84 (0) 904 883 089